We are a young company, and therefore may not have ironed out perfectly all of the various nuances of UK law. If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact hello@CakeDrop.london before you place an order. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full please do not use our Service.
1. General Information about us and our Terms & Conditions
2. Our Website
- To not attempt to transmit any viruses, act in any way maliciously or damage or attempt to damage our website or any of its component parts.
- To respect out rights to all original content and not use, replicate or reproduce that content without our permission.
- CakeDrop offers an ordering and scheduling service of ‘CakeDrop packages’, and delivery on specified dates. We currently deliver in London Zone 1 only. This is to ensure that cakes reach your office when they are at their best. If you are based outside the delivery areas, a message will appear on screen notifying you that ordering online will not be possible. Customers will select a delivery date, however cake delivery will be made any time between 9am-3pm on that day.
- To the extent permitted by law, CakeDrop provides our service and content on an “as-is” and “as available” basis and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of our Service, or that it will be timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Subject as provided below, neither CakeDrop nor any supplier bakery shall have have any liability to you for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from your use of or your inability to use our Service. In the event that CakeDrop or the supplier bakery is found to be liable to you our total aggregate liability is limited to the purchase price of the cakes you have paid for in your order. This does not include or limit in any way CakeDrop’s or any supplier bakery’s liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us or it to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our or its liability, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
The Price & Packages
- By signing up and purchasing packages, you agree to pay a sum of money specified by us.
- The price of the service is specified on our website. Prices will vary between packages.
- CakeDrop packages are non-transferrable and cannot be traded or sold.
- Prices are shown on our website and will have VAT added at purchase.
- The price of the CakeDrop package is entirely at our discretion.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which you have been presented with the Confirmation Email, save in the case of an obvious pricing mistake, whereby we will notify you as soon as we can about the pricing issue. You may be able to cancel your order once we notify you.
- Payment for all packages can be made by credit or debit card through our website. Once your order has been confirmed your credit or debit card will have been authorised and the amount marked for payment. Payment is made directly to CakeDrop through Stripe Inc.
- Our delivery cyclists cannot accept cash or card payment on delivery.
Suppliers & Cakes
- We do monitor our supplier bakeries very closely and it is of utmost importance to us that they comply with our standards and help us to maintain our reputation. Please let us know if you have any comments relating to our supplier bakeries or in respect of the cakes by emailing or calling us.
- We like to choose what cake you will receive, to keep things fun and make sure you have a birthday surprise. However, if you have a preference you will need to contact us with at least two week’s notice prior to your drop. We cannot guarantee fulfilment of all special requests.
- We add value ourselves by sourcing, purchasing and delivering the products. Purchase of cakes is contracted between CakeDrop and our supplier bakeries.
- Although we will do our utmost to tailor your delivery to your comments, from time to time it may not be possible to fulfil your request.
- If you have any concerns regarding allergies or intolerances, please contact us prior to your drop date.
- We do not guarantee that all cakes will be suitable for consumption by all people so please read the ingredients and allergen information included in your drop to check for relevant information, for example allergies, intolerances or other dietary requirements.
- CakeDrop cannot guarantee that any of the cakes sold by our suppliers are free of allergens.
- As well our T&C’s, you are also subject to the T&C’s of our supplier bakeries. Please refer to their websites to familiarise yourself with those, or contact us directly for this information.
- We do not interfere with, adapt, change, or in any way alter the individual cakes after they have left our supplier bakery.
- We do not guarantee that all cakes will be fit for consumption after the date of delivery. It is your responsibility to store and consume cakes responsibly.
- CakeDrop seeks to provide a quality product and will be the first contact in event in there is a problem with your cake in regards to quality.
- Our prices include delivery to your specified delivery address.
- We currently deliver in London zone 1. Deliveries further afield must be arranged directly with us, whereupon a revised price will be offered if we feel we are able to fulfil your request.
- Our aim is to provide the best delivery service possible. Unfortunately things do not always go to plan and factors, such as traffic conditions and weather, may occasionally prevent us from achieving our targets in this regard.
- Delivery will be made between 9am-3pm on your specified drop date, always in time for afternoon tea. We will do our best to ensure that your cake is delivered within the hours specified on our website. The timing of your order is determined by taking into account the number of orders and the circumstances being faced by our suppliers at that time.
- If you have not received your CakeDrop by 3pm on the specified date, please get in contact with us asap.
- If you change office address, you must let us know by contacting email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before your cake is due to be dropped. We are not liable for any deliveries made to the wrong address arising from your failure to notify us of your change of address.
- CakeDrops are delivered on our ‘CakeTrike’ by a designated cyclist. The cyclist will deliver to the office reception. We require a signature on delivery.
- Please ensure that you have given us a correct email address and telephone number as this is how we will communicate with you about your Order.
- If there is no-one to accept delivery and no response to telephonic correspondence within 10 minutes of our delivery cyclist physically reaching your office address, we reserve the right to leave the premises, and you will be charged for the cake. We will attempt to redeliver at a later time, or day, but cannot guarantee this.
- CakeDrop seeks to provide a quality service and will be the first contact if there is a problem with your cake or with regard to delivery.
- Please let us know immediately if any product – or the box itself arrives damaged to a greater extend than could be reasonably expected in the course of transit. If in agreement, we will arrange the exchange or refund for the affected product(s).
- We will not be responsible for any delay in delivery arising from a cause outside our control, including where the cause has affected our suppliers or carriers.
Ordering & Cancellation
- You have the right to cancel a drop with a weeks notice, via your online calendar. You will not be charged for cancellation, however you must reschedule your drop for a later date. If you do not reschedule your drop, you will not be refunded for the drop.
- Should a cancellation occur at the request of either party, deliveries will be fulfilled until the end of the notice period.
- We reserve the right to cancel your drops for any reason whatsoever and at any time.
- Orders can only be made at two week’s notice, the online calendar will not let you schedule drops without this.
- Payments are handled by our payment bureau Stripe Inc. By signing up to pay through Stripe Inc, you are also agreeing to their Terms and Conditions available to view at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- As we grow, we may find it necessary to alter the way in which we take payment. We will keep you informed of any changes via phone or the email address you have submitted to us when subscribing.
- We take payment for full packages on the day of purchase.
4. Force majeure
- We will not be liable to you if we fail to comply by these Terms & Conditions for any reason which is outside what we can reasonably control.
Thank you for reading, and please let us know if you are confused by anything or feel we have missed anything important.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 18th May 2017.